RERC on AAC will be presenting at ASHA 2019!
There will be 8 presentations on RERC on AAC projects at the 2019 Annual ASHA Convention in Orlando, FL. The presentation times are listed below.
Links to downloads of presentations and/or handouts will be uploaded as they become available.
Thursday: November 21, 2019
- Investigating How Individuals With Down Syndrome Visually Attend to and Interact With AAC Display (Poster, 3:00 – 4:30 PM) – Allison Barwise, Savanna Brittle-bank Douglas, Krista Wilkinson, Janice Light
- Effect of an AAC App on Communication and Play for Children with Autism and Peers (Technical Research, 7:00 – 7:30 PM) – Emily Laubscher, Allison Barwise, Janice Light, David McNaughton
Friday: November 22, 2019
- Effects of an AAC Partner Training to Support Child Choice-Making during an Inpatient Stay (Seminar, 10:00 – 11:00 AM), Jessica Gormley, Janice Light, David McNaughton, Jessica Caron, Nicole Etter, Talia Tedesco, Karla Armendariz
- Exploring Multimodal Alternative AAC Access for Adults with Cerebral Palsy (Poster, 1:30 – 3:00 PM) – Kelsey Mandak, Janice Light, Savanna Brittlebank-Douglas
- Supporting Communication for Adolescents with ASD During Social Interactions Using AAC Video Visual Scene Displays (Technical Research, 5:30 – 6:00 PM) – Salena Babb, David McNaughton, Janice Light, Jessica Caron
Saturday: November 23, 2018
- VSDs with Dynamic Text: Effects on Word Reading for Adolescents & Adults with Cerebral Palsy (Poster, 8:00 – 9:30 AM) – Kelsey Mandak, Janice Light, David McNaughton
- Smart Predict: AAC App that Integrates Partner Knowledge into Word Prediction (Poster, 12:30 – 2:00 PM) – Rebecca Pryor, Michelle Kinsella, Erik Jakobs, Tom Jakobs, Melanie Fried-Oken
- Teaching Educators to Support AAC through Online Training of System of Least Prompts (Seminar, 2:00 – 3:00 PM) – Ashley McCoy, David McNaughton, Theoni Mantzoros, Jessica Gormley, Tara O’Neill