RERC on AAC partners will be presenting on research, development, and education activities at the ATIA 2019 Conference in Orlando, FL.
The presentation times are listed below. Links to downloads of presentations and/or handouts will be uploaded as they become available.
Thursday: January 31, 2019
- The AAC Learning Center: Online Support for Pre-service Instruction (Breakout Session, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM) – David McNaughton & Chris Klein
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Town Hall Discussion (Town Hall Meeting, 9:20 AM – 10:50 AM) – Susan McCloskey, Cathy Binger, Chris Klein, & David McNaughton
- Using Visual Scene Displays to Teach Early Literacy Skills (Poster, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM) – Naima Bhana, David McNaughton, & Janice Light
- Watch and Talk: Effects of Video VSDs on Communication Turns (Poster, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM) – Jessica Caron & Emily Laubscher
Friday: February 1, 2019
- Cognitive Demands Checklist for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (CDC4AAC) (Breakout Session, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM) – Melanie Fried-Oken, Aimee Mooney, & Michelle Kinsella
- RERC on AAC: Progress on Research, Development, and Training Activities (Breakout Session, 2:20 PM – 3:20 AM) – David McNaughton, Susan Fager, Melanie Fried-Oken, Erik Jakobs, & Tom Jakobs
- AAC and Adapted Literacy Instruction: Training Pre and In-Service SLPs (Poster, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM) – Jessica Caron
Saturday: February 2, 2019
- Increasing Independence with AAC Video Visual Scene Displays (Breakout Session, 9:20 AM – 10:20 AM) – Salena Babb, David McNaughton, Janice Light, Kirk Wydner, & Lucas Pierce